Friday, June 26, 2009

NE Learns assignment #1

I located the NE State Capitol building at 1445 K St. in Lincoln, NE using Google Maps. I then took a drive down 16th St. using the Street View feature. I was able to see vehicles and people walking down the sidewalk as well as the Capitol Building from the street.
When using the Get Directions feature I do prefer the satellite view and then zooming in to follow the route. Another great feature of Directions is being able to move your route. The Street view on Google Maps helps to familiarize you with the area you are traveling to.
"Traveling" to more exotic locales such as the kangaroos in Australia makes it seems as if you are going on a tour. Virtual tours are fun! Also it assists us in learning how people live and exist in other locations. We are given a chance to view the world.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy taking those virtual tours too. The other day I noticed that Street View was available for a few cities in the Netherlands so I had to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for the post; it has proven to be exactly what I needed. Thanks for sharing your
    deep thoughts.

    assignment help australia
    essays help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    It was a very nice article! Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post. Thanks.
    Assignment Service Provider
    Assignment Help and Writing Service

    ReplyDelete