Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #25-assignment 3

I'm loving Google maps ever more! I created a "My Map", claimed our library, and I'm working towards imbedding a map on our website. I will continue to "play around" with these tools in the future.
The street view feature is most fascinating. I especially can see our young patrons using this tool to view places and countries around the world. We have patrons in our library who use maps for driving directions and have asked for help. This assignment will allow me to further assist our patrons.
Besides the mapping features, Google maps is also a great marketing tool. Our town is small but creating maps with markers of the interesting facts, photos, and businesses in Springfield and the surrounding area enhances our presence in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment